Higher National Diploma (HND) in Construction & Built Environment
The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Construction & the Built Environment provides opportunities for learners to apply their knowledge and practical skills in the workplace. Full-time learners have the opportunity to do this through formal work placements or part-time employment experience. This HND program attracts those individuals who intend to take up a career in the building/construction industry. This course helps in developing their technical skills particularly related to Civil Surveying, Building Control, Site Control and Construction Management. This qualification is also recognized by many professional bodies across the globe. For further details, please visit www.edexcel.com.
HND is offered as a full time course of 2 Years duration comprising of Four Semesters having 4 units in each semester. Regular classes will be offered five days per week having 3 hours lecturing each day. Students may opt for Morning / Evening Session **.
What Will You Achieve at the End of an HND Course?
The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND Diploma in Fashion and Textiles provides opportunities for learners to apply their knowledge and practical skills in the workplace. Full-time learners have the opportunity to do this through formal work placements or part-time employment experience. The qualification prepares learners for employment in the fashion and textiles sector and will be suitable for learners who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work. The Edexcel BTEC Higher Nationals in Fashion and Textiles have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies in mind. It is essential that learners gain the maximum benefit from their programme of study.
After successfully completing your HND course, you will receive a certificate to certify that you have followed and completed the said HND program in a recognized area of study. You will also receive a number of credits, typically one credit for each unit that you successfully completed. These credits are recognized by foreign Universities and can be used when applying for a course any foreign University.
A variety of assessment methods, including examinations, problem solving tasks, case studies, assignments, time constrained assessments and work-based projects. All students are expected to participate in outdoor practical activities.
Mandatory Core Units (all 6 units must be taken)
- Design principles and application for construction and the built environment.
- Science and materials for construction and the built environment.
- Applied mathematics for construction and the built environment.
- Management principles and application for construction and the built environment.
- Group project in the construction industry.
- Health, safety and welfare for construction and the built environment.
General Optional Units (Choose only 10 Units from General options)
Students choose 4 units from level 4 and 6 units from level 5
1. Law and contract for construction and the built environment.
2. Production management for construction.
3. Research Project.
4. Work-based Experience.
5. Measuring, Tendering and Estimating for Construction and the Built Environment.
6. Advanced Measurement for Construction.
7. Design Procedures for Construction.
8. Design Technology for Construction.
9. Site Surveying Procedures for Construction and the Built Environment.
10. IT Applications for Constructions.
11. Computer-aided Design for Construction.
12. Work-based Learning and Assessment in Construction and the Built Environment.
13. Work-based Training and Development in Construction and the Built Environment.
14. Engineering Geology and Soil Mechanics.
15. Air Conditioning for Industrial and Commercial Buildings.
16. Electricity and Lighting for Building Services Engineering.
17. Project Management for Construction and the Built Environment.
18. Construction Methods and Design Solutions.