HND Fashion & Textiles
The BTEC Higher National qualification in Fashion & Textiles is designed to address an increasing need for high quality professional and technical education pathways at Levels 4 and 5, thereby providing students with a clear line of sight to employment or to progression to a degree at Level 6. The HND in Fashion and Textiles provides opportunities for learners to apply their knowledge and practical skills in the workplace. The HND Fashion & Textiles programme prepare the learners for employment in the fashion and textiles sector and will be suitable for learners who have already decided that they wish to enter this area of work. The Edexcel BTEC Higher National’s Diploma in Fashion and Textiles have been developed with career progression and recognition by professional bodies in mind. It is essential that learners gain the maximum benefit from their programme of study.
The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND in Fashion and Textiles is a qualification with a minimum of 240 credits of which 80 are mandatory. The Edexcel BTEC Level 5 HND programme must contain a min. of 125 credits at level 5.
A variety of assessment methods, including presentations, Portfolio’s, scrapbooks, assignments, time constrained assessments and projects are used to assess learners. All students are expected to participate in in/outdoor practical activities.
HND Core Units
- Visual Communication in Art & Design
- Ideas Generation & Development in A & D
- Contextual & Cultural Referencing in A & D
- Professional Practice in Art & Design
- Project Design, Implementation & Evaluation
HND Specialist Units
- Design Exploration in Textile
- Design Application in Textile
- Communication with Images in Art and Design
- Drawing Techniques and Process Art and Design
- Cultural Understanding in Fashion
- Visual and Personal Presentation
Skill Development Units
- Digital Image Creation and Development
- Fine art Digital Applications
- Digital Media in Art and Design
- Personal and Professional Development
- Employability Skills